Info

F House, Old Cigarette Factory, Rooftop, 2005.F House was home to the pipe shop and other craft services, located in the middle of the Old Cigarette Factory complex. During renovations, F House was demolished and a semi-enclosed courtyard with a swimming pool and green spaces was built in its place. The original U-shaped structure of Old Cigarette Factory, also known as Duke Factory, was once four stories tall before being "decapitated" in 1948 for a variety of reasons that make little sense today. Duke Factory was built in 1884 by tobacco baron Washington Duke--his first of many ornate brick tobacco factories in Durham.

Add to Lightbox Download
Filename
ROOF_DLA_01.TIF
Copyright
D.L. Anderson © 2011
Image Size
3000x2400 / 20.6MB
Contained in galleries
F House, Old Cigarette Factory, Rooftop, 2005.F House was home to the pipe shop and other craft services, located in the middle of the Old Cigarette Factory complex. During renovations, F House was demolished and a semi-enclosed courtyard with a swimming pool and green spaces was built in its place. The original U-shaped structure of Old Cigarette Factory, also known as Duke Factory, was once four stories tall before being "decapitated" in 1948 for a variety of reasons that make little sense today. Duke Factory was built in 1884  by tobacco baron Washington Duke--his first of many ornate brick tobacco factories in Durham.